Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Spring Catch Up

Wooo summer time!!

I thought I would stop in and update you all on my life since I have been a bad blogger and haven’t posted in almost 2 months!!!

So what have I been doing all this time?

1. Tutoring! I feel like exam season lasted extra long this year, and I just wrapped things up this week. Ending tutoring is always bittersweet because as much as I am happy to have a little more free time, it’s always a little sad to wrap things up with my students, especially if they are in their last year! Since then though I have had some glorious free evenings that I spent watching Orange is the New Black, and BBQing and enjoying some sunsets on my balcony. It feels like I am on vacation!



2. Biking!

I got a new bike after mine was unceremoniously stolen last year. It is pink with zebra handle bars and it is amazing.


I am thoroughly enjoying my new way of commuting. While I was tutoring I would get Mike to drop off my bike up in the neighborhood I was tutoring in, I would transit from work up to my bike, and then bike to tutoring(s), and then after I would bike the 10 km home. For those familiar with Toronto, Russell Hill Rd, or Bike route 35, became my route of choice and I enjoyed biking through swanky Forrest Hill and near Casa Loma! It was also pretty neat to watch the season’s change over the course of the 8 weeks I spent biking home. In May, it was still pretty cold out, and by 9:00pm the streets were empty. I didn’t see a soul until I got down to at least St. Clair but then as the weather started getting warmer and the nights longer, more people were out and about enjoying this long awaited summer! 

More biking posts are definitely to come this summer! The picture above is actually from our first bike adventure that definitely deserves its own post!

3. Hot Yoga!

I have decided this summer to skip the triathlon (mostly because I am out of town for the races that are interesting to me), and instead I’m doing a 60 classes in 92 days hot yoga challenge. So far I have done 16 classes, and I’m on track. Considering I was trying to juggle exam week(s) tutoring and yoga, I’m hoping I will continue to stay on track over the summer!

4. House hunting!

Since the end of April, Mike and I have started house hunting out in the Mimico/New Toronto/Long Branch area. As much as I love real estate, and looking at houses is fun, house hunting is stressful and annoying, especially in a seller’s market. So far we have seen probably about 25 houses, and we have been seriously interested in 3 and bid and lost on 2. The whole experience has been a good learning experience, and I think I’m going to write some more blog posts about it, mostly because I can’t find anything online that would have prepared me for this.

5. Breaking Bad!

When I wasn’t busy with all of the above, most of my free time was spent watching all 62 episodes of breaking bad. Holy amazing show batman. I put off watching it for a while for two reasons, one I thought it might have been too “intense”, and also I knew once I started watching it I wouldn’t stop. And I was right about the 2nd part, I became completely addicted (ironic J). At the end I was kind of glad it was over so I could get my life back!! (And by get my life back I mean watching Orange is the New Black Season 2).

And that was my past 2 months in a nut shell, a whirlwind of yoga, tutoring, commuting, and house hunting! 

What have you all been up too? Anyone else getting hooked by Netflix?

2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled upon your blog by googling health stuff this morning and I must say I really like what you have to post! I love your well-thought out and expressed writing style. Following you now!
    xx

    http://wearingwolf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks for the kind words! I just hopped over to your blog! Great stuff as well!

    ReplyDelete