Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Blog Post 100- Grateful and Happy

Happy 100th blog post! Thanks for sticking with me and reading this itty bitty blog that I post semi regularly at.

Just a forewarning, this is a pretty introspective post...

The story behind this introspective post is that tonight I was going to go on Facebook and moan and complain that my cell phone isn't working, and Mike has to reformat it, and it may cost me some money to fix/replace. I could have ranted about Rogers, and how annoying it was that I had to deal with this phone issue.

But then I stopped.

Yes it sucks that my phone doesn't work. Know what would suck more..not having a computer/internet to write the complaining post on facebook. And that was just the tip of the iceberg.

I think in general people (including me for sure) complain way too much. We complain about traffic, we complain about other people, we complain about technology, we complain about work. The list goes on and on.

What if we all just stopped.

Would we need 500 dollar I-Phones?

Would we be nicer to people?

Would work be more fulfilling?

Would commuting be more pleasant?

Would we be happier?


Or does complaining or venting make us happy...are we hard-wired to complain in some way? Was it some survival instinct left over from cave-man days?

Whatever reason, I personally want to stop, or at least cut back on my complaining. So yes my phone is glitchy, but like I said, worst case scenario is I have to buy a new phone. It isn't the end of the world and I am so lucky and gracious that I would even be able to buy a new phone if the reformatting doesn't work.

I am so gracious that I have a nice apartment with all the amenities. I am happy for a car that works, and doesn't leave me stranded on the side of the road. I am happy for my work and tutoring, as crazy busy as it is, I have a job that I like and that pays the bills. And I am extra happy that I get vacation in a couple weeks.

Above all that I am happy that I have a great relationship with my boyfriend, my parents, my brother, and my boyfriend's family. I am happy that I have a great group of friends near and far and some who even read this blog :)!

And I am happy for the Moseby!


So maybe this is a pre-new years resolution, or maybe it is the Christmas Spirit, but I am going to try to more grateful, not just when my phone breaks! I still may complain about things like Elf on the Shelf or Facebook, but I will try to be more grateful for the positive things in my life!!

What are you happy/grateful for?? 

I am happy for comments and blog love!!





6 comments:

  1. Don't even get me started on 'Elf on the Shelf'...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I could go on with the elf on the shelf...but I am grateful for the crazy elf on the shelfers because they gave me a good idea for a blog post. Silver Lining (?)

      Delete
  2. Hey Step-Niece, thanks for the posting.

    What am I grateful for? I'm grateful for my sobreity. I'm grateful for my failing but still reasonably good health. I am grateful to my family. I am grateful for my new Grandaughter. I am grateful for the many friends who's love has carried me along some rocky roads.

    I am grateful to be here.

    Thank you for the opportunity to express my gratitude.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment :)! Merry Xmas Step-Uncle!!

      Delete
  3. your words ring true, Kaylee. especially at a time when we should all enjoy being together as a family, yet people will retreat to their laptops & cell-phones. haha.

    ReplyDelete