Monday, February 14, 2011

Update time

I have been writing this blog for about a month now, and time for a re-cap. 
In my first post I listed the following things as stuff I was going to do with my free time
1. going to the gym 5 days a week
2. cooking delicious food
3. organizing and deep cleaning my apartment
4. finding a job
5. writing this blog
6. co-chair a charity event
7. read more

1. I have made going to the gym a regular occurrence of my life. Not quite to 5 days a week, but I'm getting there. I have also noticed that it is no longer a "new" thing, because I am not talking about it to everyone I meet. I can tell when something turns into a habit when I stop talking about it all the time. It is also the longest time that I have stuck with an exercise routine, so that makes me really happy!

2. I have been cooking delicious food, and trying to be healthy. I have done 3 meal plans, and have barely had any takeout/restaurant food or junky stuff since January! I hopefully will continue this! (Side note, I had Chinese food tonight as a little v-day tradition with the bf..completely ruined the healthy eating plan :P)

3. I did the kitchen, and some of my room, but number 6 distracted me from this one!

4. I have applied for 17ish jobs and haven't heard anything back yet..boo. The only job that has any potential is a tutoring position for grades 9-12. I have a "phone interview" tomorrow. Apparently a engineering degree means I am qualified to tutor math to high school students. 

5. Obviously I have written the blog..see archives for deats. 

6. Charity event is done and done. 

7. I am reading the Secret Daughter and it is really good, but for some reason I haven't gotten vary far in the book. It could be because I only read right before bed, and then I end up falling asleep. 

So now I am on to month two. This month I plan to find a job, and find a sublet for my apartment, and finally organize my room. And once and for all go to the gym 5 times a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment