Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Twin Terrors

As I lay in bed a few nights ago, attempting to go to sleep, I heard the door creak open. I looked around my room, but nothing seemed strange, all was quiet. I rolled over and tried to go back to sleep. Suddenly, I could feel a pair of eyes staring at me. I rolled over and there it was...A FERNANDO.

Fernando is my roomie's cat (named after Lady G's Alejandro). He is an all gray kitten/cat that she adopted off kijiji this summer. In the process of adopting him, I fell in love with his brother..and then suddenly we had two kitten's in our apartment. Moseby and Fernando...the twin terrors.  They are now 5 and half months old, and I swear they are going more insane. As I am writing this blog post Moseby is flying around the room like a bat out of hell, jumping from couch to chair to coffee table, and then running out the door again and Fernando is chasing him. They are also making weird chirping/meowing noises. Completely nutso. 

I have many cat stories, but to try to stop this blog from turning into a cat focused thing I will limit it to their recent activity. For example, on Friday night they decided the leftovers in the garbage were DELICIOUS and knocked over the garbage can in the kitchen...at 1:00am. That was fun to clean up...not. 

Another one of their habits that is the most annoying is the tag team that they have. First, Moseby gets up on a desk or dresser and knocks over anything that can be knocked over...pens, erasers, computer mouse, cellphone etc. Even my netbook almost took a dive from the paw of the Moseby. Then, once the item is on the floor Fernando will pick up any mouse sized item and take it to his stash, which we have yet to find. My roomie has lost make up sponges, combs, and a really expensive pair of tweezers. Nothing is safe from the twin terrors. 

Another new habit since Christmas time has been a fascination with the bathroom sink and bathtub. The other night I was in my room and heard a scream from my room mate in the bathroom. I didn't think much of it, until she told me that Moseby had jumped into the tub when she was in the shower. They are completely nuts.

Moseby watching Birds
Fernando lurking in my bed
For those of you who are not cat people, or pet people in general you may wonder why we put up with such creatures. I honestly think that cats (and dogs) somewhere along the evolutionary chain realized they could prey on humans. The deal they made with us is that they could use us for food and shelter and poop cleaning services based on cuteness alone. And when the kittens are cuddled up sleeping, or doing something silly that makes me laugh after a long day, they fully live up to their end of the deal.




Kittens sleeping (a few months ago)





1 comment:

  1. Dear Moseby,

    I don't like you looking at my bum while I'm in the shower.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete